Get on the path to results today.
Get on the path to results today.
Ms. Serena Paul is the Managing Partner of the Firm. She specializes in the area of general conveyancing, debt recovery, family law, probate and administration, land law, industrial relations, medical negligence and general litigation.
Ms. Serena Paul obtained a degree in Law from the University Malaya in 2013. She obtained her Certificate in Legal Practice in 2015. Thereafter, she completed her pupilage with Messrs Abang Azlan Naveen & Associates and was admitted to the Malaysian Bar on 2016. She obtained a Master of Laws (LL.M) (Commercial Law) from University Malaya in 2019.
Ms. Serena Paul is presently specialising in the area of conveyancing especially in matters relating to property and loan documentation for Banks. Her work includes sub-sale, auction, loan documents, Power of Attorney, Deed of Trust. She has also done ground legal work to the Housing Developer including loans of corporate companies.
Ms. Naveen Kaur is the Partner of the Firm. She is the head of Conveyancing Department and specialises in the area of corporate and general conveyancing.
Ms. Naveen Kaur obtained a degree in Law from the University of Leicester, England. She obtained her Barrister-at-law from the Middle Temple Inn, United Kingdom in 1995. Thereafter, she completed her pupilage with Messrs Danker & Co and was admitted to the Malaysian Bar on 1996. She has obtained Master in Business Administration from University of Lincoln, England.
She has gained her experience in the following litigation and conveyancing matters during her practice:
· breach of hire-purchase agreements, facilities agreements, recovery of debts for costs of goods sold and delivered, costs of courier service and other various type of breach of contracts;
· Foreclosure proceedings, sale by tender, judgment debtor summons, bankruptcy proceedings, application for discharge of bankrupt up to objection to the discharge of bankrupt made by the Director of General Insolvency;
· Drafting of trust deed, joint venture agreements, tenancy agreements and sale and purchase agreements; and
· drafting of wills and probate matters;
She monitors preparation of loan documentation which includes conventional loan agreement and Islamic loan facilities agreement, drafting and handle sale and purchase agreements, drafting of wills and advising on other various types of agreements.
Ms. Fatin is the Partner of the Firm. She is exposed mainly to corporate and commercial transactions, corporate banking, general conveyancing as well as capital markets involving private, public listed and government-linked companies.
Fatin graduated with a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) (Honours) from National University of Malaysia (UKM) in November 2016. Thereafter, she read in the Chambers of Albar & Partners and was admitted to the Malaysian Bar in 2017. She started her first year in Messrs. Putri Norlisa Chair which she was doing full corporate and later continued practising in Messrs. Mohamed Ridza & Co. After almost 2 years, she specialized full conveyancing in Messrs. Khairuddn, Ngiam & Tan until May 2020. She recently joins the firm in July 2020.
Amongst the matters that Fatin has been exposed to include:
- advising a developer company and attending to conveyancing processes as well as drafting requisite financing documents in order to facilitate the drawdown process in various corporate and retail financing
- advising a local private company which includes drafting of a Share Sale Agreement in respect of the acquisition of shares by the UK’s public company
- advising public company on the due diligence activity for the issuance of unrated perpetual sukuk under the shariah principle
- vetting template documents to ensure compliance with the Central Bank of Malaysia’s guidelines on Ar-Rahnu in respect of the standardization process undertaken by an Islamic financial institution
- reviewing and vetting the Franchise Agreement, assisting in registration of Franchise and advising the foreign franchisors (US and Singapore based) to ensure compliance to local laws.
Mahadevi E. Kallidass is the Partner of the Firm. She is a diligent and result driven practitioner with 14 years of extensive experience which ranges from corporate and commercial transactions, corporate banking and general conveyancing real estate. She is also well versed and experienced in offshore jurisdiction and has liaised with regulators on the requirements and regulations, these offshore jurisdiction ranges from Labuan, Cayman, Seychelles, Maldives, and British Virginia Island.
Mahadevi E. Kallidass qualified with a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) (Honours) from University of London in 1999. She was called to the Bar in 2005 after completing her CLP. She recently joined us as a Partner in November 2020.
Offshore expertise whilst dealing with Authorities and a range of clientele from leasing, shipping, trading, money broking, management secretarial and insurance. Acted as the secretary for Labuan International Insurance Association, organising the Anti Money Laundering (AMLA) seminars. Monitoring and ensuring that the members are updated with the current regulations requirement.
As VP with Merchantrade Asia Sdn Bhd, she had exposure on Money Services Business. This involved reviewing a wide range of agreements and providing advisory services in relation to the nature of the Money Services Business and adhering to the compliance requirement required Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM).
With Messrs Albar & Partners, as Senior Legal Assistant managing the conveyancing department. Attended to litigation matters dealing from divorce, banking and probate matters.
She has experience advised on risk assessment/evaluation for new business development, corporate restructuring/corporate planning / rationalization exercise from the legal perspective. Interacted and liaised with governmental bodies for submissions of contracts and tenders. Corporate Financing research work, registration of trademark matters and follow up work of submission for approval of trademarks. Interfacing with Securities Commission, Bank Negara Malaysia, Suruhanjaya Syarikat Malaysia, governmental bodies, financial institutions, investment banks, and professional advisors for issuance of REIT and other corporate financing matters.